I want to use an ATtiny13 to control the brightness of an LED light source (as a controller for this) and therefore need to control both the ADC input and the PWM output. This example is very simple, but will hopefully serve as a jumping off point for people new to the ADC and PWM systems in AVR microcontrollers.
I try and make things.
- ADC and PWM basics on the ATtiny13
- There’s code available for this article. There was also a catastrophic logic failure on my part, pointed out here, so the adc_read function has been amended. I want to use an ATtiny13 to control the brightness of an LED light source (as a controller for this) and therefore need to control both the ADC input […] Read more – ‘ADC and PWM basics on the ATtiny13’.
- Giving BodyParts3D objects useful names in Blender
- The BodyParts3D database from the Life Science Database Archive is brilliant – a couple of thousand separate meshes of organs and anatomical parts that add up to a male human body. There is a downside, and that is that the object files are named rather obtusely as “FJ1252.obj” and “FJ1702M.obj”. I found out about it […] Read more – ‘Giving BodyParts3D objects useful names in Blender’.
- Upgrading a microscope to LED illumination
- I recently managed to save a big, heavy binocular microscope from being rather unceremoniously turned into scrap metal and after spending a fair while looking at anything we could put our hands on underneath its lenses I turned to changing the dim and yellow tungsten light bulb to something with a bit more oomph – […] Read more – ‘Upgrading a microscope to LED illumination’.
- Digital Clock: PCBs sent off
- The next module of my OU degree starts in a couple of months time so I am spending the end of the summer trying to finish projects I’ve started over the last year because I won’t have a lot of time until June-ish. Some horrendous issues have been sorted out, including a grossly incorrect 7 […] Read more – ‘Digital Clock: PCBs sent off’.
- Shooting a camera through a Pneumatic Transport System
- A few months ago I was offered a pod from an old pneumatic tube system – the kind of thing that transports samples and internal mail around hospitals and large office blocks. I was pleased when I was allowed to shoot a camera through an old unused section. For those who are unfamiliar with the […] Read more – ‘Shooting a camera through a Pneumatic Transport System’.